Re: Setup Wizard data usage limited notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to be able to access your data when you need it, Bradfishct! What make and model phone do you have? Can you send a screenshot of what the error is when you try to use the data?

0 Likes
Bradfishct

Funny, we never did anything and suddenly my daughters phone started working on the same date Verizon responded to this post.  Coincidence?

0 Likes
Bradfishct

0 Likes
Monkey1223

I recently add a line to my plan for my son and added Smart family, I am the primary o. The account and can not find any limited data settings for my line. I went to my phone settings, data usage and made sure all restrictions were off, yet I keep getting this warning.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Monkey1223, we can definitely help check on this with you to see what is going on. So we can begin, please send us a Private Note! *Jose

0 Likes
Brant123

I logged into My Verizon App and went to my phone line and found an option that said restrictions and there was a whole list, that I never added, and removed them......my phone now works.

0 Likes
Ditsirk

This started yesterday on my 2 month old Galaxy Z fold 3. I have never seen this in all the years I have been using smart phones. And it's not limiting my usage it has completely turned off my access to the internet! I am not on unlimited b/c I heard this happens.  So with roll over and getting 12 gig of data every month I had 26 gig of data to use and I've used 12 and have 14 left so there's absolutely no reason why I should not be able to get on the Internet right now! I am very angry and frustrated because it's Christmas Eve and everybody uses the Internet on their phone to do just about everything! Why is this happening?!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have an excellent experience with your Carryover data, Ditsirk. Please note that carryover Data expires at the end of your next bill cycle. For example, if you don't use your entire data allowance in March, that unused data will be available to use until the end of your April bill cycle, but will not be available for May. Please confirm on number 3 at this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/carryover-data-faqs/). Is this information helpful? -Antonio

0 Likes
Ditsirk

Thank you so much for your quick response! I determined what the problem was. I do have the Verizon smart family to cover my elderly father who has used up 10GB of data before by clicking like crazy on his phone. I did not remember setting data limits on each of our phones separately so mine was set at 5. I was at 5.7 as of yesterday and everything shut off. I have removed that limit on my phone and just set a limit on his phone and it seems to be working just fine now because I am able to message you right now without being on Wi-Fi! So I apologize for the confusion and any inconvenience. If you are using Verizon smart family which I do love that product very much and you set any data limits on the phone this is the error that you're going to get.

Thank you again

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sitsirk, no need to apologize. We are overjoyed to learn that you were able to figure this out.

If you ever need us, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Have a great rest of your day. -Jacob

0 Likes