Re: Severe battery drain after recent update
ChrisDG74
Enthusiast - Level 3

It appears as though Verizon does not want to fix the issue. I can send them links to multiple, outside forums, where people are having the exact same issue. This is not an isolated thing.

The only way to get out of the phone is to switch carriers. If this second attempt with LG to fix the phone does not work, someone (LG or VZW) will take the phone off my hands, at no cost to me, or my family will take our 3 lines to another provider. VZW will lose a 12-year customer if the situation is not rectified.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You signed an agreement with VZW to pay the price of the phone over 24 months. You are legally bound to that agreement. If you have a problem with the device it is with LG. They made it.

I'll tell you. I have a V10. I will probably never buy and LG again.

0 Likes
ChrisDG74
Enthusiast - Level 3

And that's fine. If this 2nd fix attempt does not work, either LG takes the phone off my hands(and reimburses VZW for the phone's cost), or the FTC gets involved. This is a fairly common issue. Every android community forum has threads with many users experiencing this exact same thing. The phone is defective, or at least a batch of them.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Good luck with getting that to happen.

0 Likes
ChrisDG74
Enthusiast - Level 3

You'd be surprised how persistent I can be.

ChrisDG74
Enthusiast - Level 3

After 2.5 months of begging and pleading...Verizon finally sent me a replacement battery. I can say, that after 17 days, I have not had a single overheating issue. By now, I would have normally had anywhere from 8-12. If SOMEONE(LG or Verizon) would have just sent me a new battery, like I ORIGINALLY asked, back in November, we (myself, LG and VZW) could have been saved a lot of time(mine) and money(theirs) with shipping back and forth, multiple times.

Bolair0121
Enthusiast - Level 1

SO BASICALLY VERIZON PURPOSELY DID THIS UPDATE TO DRAIN EVERYONE BATTERY SO THEY WOULD HAVE TO UPGRADE THERE PHONE.  I HAVE A SAMSUNG 9 WAS WORKING PERFECTLY UNTIL THAT UPDATE. NOE I CAN ONLY SEND A COUPLE OF TEXT OR ANSWER THE PHONE BORE IT DROPS TO 15%.  ALSO I GOT A PHONE CALL FROM YALL AFTER THE UPDATE TO SEE IF I WOULD UP GRADE. FRAUD YAL SHOULF BE SUED.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bolair0121,

I'm sorry to hear that the update caused some battery issues on your phone. I'm not a fan of battery issues either and I'll be happy to help with fixing this for you. Does the battery drop only when you receive a text or answer a call? Are you using the charger that came with the phone when you charge it?

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes