Share everything (including your bank account)
byrds8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just felt like saying, Id love for Verizon to show us where their customers asked for these new plans as well as their math on how it will save most of us money. Seems like the commercials as well as the reps all want to say it was us that wanted it and its us that wins out. By my math, and a lot of other peoples, most of us pay more and get less or get even less to pay the same. I personally cant wait for ATT to release their plans and hope their cheaper and maybe force them to rethink these horrible prices. Just my 2c and my rant. Happy soon to be 4th all.

Labels (1)
Re: Share everything (including your bank account)
budone
Legend

I don't think VZW ever really stated the plans would save money. (Although the plans will save a few some money) But if you look around this board alone, there are many threads with people wanting a share data plan.

byrds8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon reps themselves are stating it will save the majority of their customer base money. Spoke with 2 myself stating the same thing. I wouldn't mind share everything. It has potential. But not at these prices. Its ridiculous. This move was done simply because their are ways around minutes and texts and they have lost part of their profits because of it. This is just a way to line their pockets more.

0 Likes
1854l
Enthusiast - Level 3

Share data is a good idea. The problem is the price structure. On a family plan of 5 phones and 3 are smart phones that at the time had unlimited data on one phone at $30. and 2 had the basic $10.00 data for a monthly charge of $50.00. I would have thought a shared data plan would have been more of a cost savings. But the 1st gb at $50.00? How about something more realistic, like 1 gb = $15.00, 2 for $20. or even $25, 3 for $30. Since they claim the average person uses 2 or less a month, this would be saving the customer but still keeping it to where they have some choice to avoid going over without it costing a fortune. There are people who might like to have a smartphone but the new pricing kills the idea. I know the recent plan was 2 for $30 so why the heck is it now $50. for 1? Thats just plain crazy!!!!

0 Likes
tracker141
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really depends on what devices and services you have. I have 1 smartphone 1 data card 2 tablets and 1 hpc and I am saving $20 a month. Doing some simple math if you have 1 or 2 smartphones this is correct you won't save money but that was not the objective here. What was put into place was to get tablet and other device sales.

Also they are not making you leave your current plan you can keep that. What you will lose if you have is unlimited date.

0 Likes
spurs21
Contributor - Level 1

As it stands NOW, you can keep your current plan with unlimited data if you upgrade paying full price for a phone. When enough people do this, they will change that stipulation. I wonder if you buy a new device outside of vzw they'll allow you to activate it and not change your unlimited data?

0 Likes
tracker141
Enthusiast - Level 2

as long as you don't sign a new 2 year contact in any way, verizon, best buy, amazon, ect you can keep you unlimited data

0 Likes
KDeWitty
Enthusiast - Level 3

The shared everything plans can save certain customers money… Let’s say I have a single line unlimited talk and text calling plan for 89.99 and a 30 dollar 2 GB data package. Provided I have no additional features that’s 120 dollars a month. If I switched to the share everything plan that includes 2 GBs of data billed at 60 dollars plus the 40 for a smart phone… That’s 20 dollars saved there. The shared data is situational. The more lines you have that are data compatible, the better off you are. For a 5 line nationwide talk and text 700 minute plan with 4 basic phones and 1 smart phone… you’re better off sticking with what you have. But a family with 4-5 smart phones that actually USE minutes and require unlimited text, the change might be more beneficial. And when it comes down to it, think about the people who really just don’t use data. For instance, I have 5 lines on my share plan. My mother has an iphone and probably doesn’t get over 500 MB a month. With shared data there is less the feelings of “waste” for those who don’t really need/use their individual 30 dollar/2 GB data packages. But don’t get me wrong. These plans are NOT for everyone. In my opinion the line level prices for basic phones is ridiculous and almost positions it to be more cost effective for smart phones, as basic line fees are 30, whereas smart phones are 40…

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

How so? There are a lot of carriers out there including regional carriers. When your contract expires they are not holding a gun to your head. Also if you are an existing customer and don't have unlimited data you can keep that plan when upgrading. So your bill never changes. If you have unlimited data you will have to choose a tiered data plan or one of the new shared plans. This has been discussed for a while now.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

if you have the individual tier of 2 gigs for $30, you can keep. do all of you understand that this is simply an option??? it's not required. when i upgrade my wife's line, i will choose the exact same plan that i have now. the only thing you can no longer have is unlimited data. if you have that, then you have to select 2 gigs if you want to keep your bill the same (which is about 90% of their customers that use less than 2 gigs). they are weeding out those that can't keep their data usage down. agree with it or not.....and like it or not.....they simply don't care if they lose the customer base that uses A LOT of data. nothing is changing for those that are already on 2 or 5 gig plans, or don't have smart phones. they can renew their same plan.

0 Likes