Re: Share everything (including your bank account)
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

MankatoMN12 wrote:

...new single line customers also have the option of 700 minutes for$ 39.99

That's only available for those with basic phones and it ends up being $40 ($10 for the plan and $30 for the basic phone line access) for 700min and pay as you go texts/data. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

byrds8, I understand your concern with our new plans because we are all consumers and cost is very important to everyone. I would like to address you and the community regarding our plans. At first, switching to Share Everything may look as if its for you, but there is so much added value  included for just $10 to $20 more a month. For instance:
--Unlimited Minutes for all devices on your account. No more worries about overage charges.
--Unlimited Messages for all devices on your account. You and your additional phones on the account can send/receive as many text, picture, and video messages as you want.
--Shareable Data for all the devices on your account. Select the amount you and the others on your account will need and then share it with up to 10 devices.
--Mobile Hotspot is included on all capable devices. Connect your device to share the data allowance with multiple Wi-Fi enabled devices.
--Connect up to 10 Devices.

Additionally , you have multiple options for data service when you upgrade your device at discounted pricing. Switching to Share Everything provides you with added value not included with your current plan. You can stay on your current pricing plan but will need to choose a new data feature starting at 2 GB for $30. With Share Everything, the more devices you add, the more you'll save.

Lastly, any customer, including small business customers, can take advantage of the Share Everything plans. We can do an analysis on any account to check if this plan will work for you. You can also use our data calculator to access your data needs. Here is a link to our data calculator http://bit.ly/A2Oo3K or http://bit.ly/LhyDt7 . Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. ^KH

0 Likes
byrds8
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's all well and good but.....added value as you put it is only a value when its needed, otherwise its just useless fluff. I for instance do not need unlimited minutes as we have not ever even used half of the minutes I pay for now. I already have unlimited text and could care less about mobile hot spot. Why would I want to tether my laptop on your network with so little data offered at such a steep price. So no the extra $10 or $20 is not worth it. Shared data was a great idea but like a lot of things over the past year with VZW, poorly implemented. VZW was already the most expensive of the four major carriers and now they are more so. Granted I wouldn't go back to ATT but when I was with them I got more than I have now with four lines for less than what I am paying with Verizon. Granted I deal with that for actually having coverage where I live and most other places (sadly in Ripley, MS where my mother in law lives there is no coverage). Again it would have been nice to share data if the rates would have truely been reasonable. Just my 2c

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

These plans were never designed to save the consumer any money. At the show where these plans were released, Verizon officials touted these plans as a Profit Generating Engine only.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

what show can you share a link?

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I'm not a fan of these plans with their pricing, so I'll get this out of the way first. 

I see a lot of arguments that state that people don't use all of the minutes on their current plans, so unlimited minutes is useless for them.  Look at it this way-Verizon Wireless is doing away with the many different "included minutes" categories such as unlimited nights, unlimited weekends, unlimited in-network calling, Friends and Family, and Early Nights and Weekends.  If most people looked at the amount of minutes that they use in all of these categories, they would find that they talk much more than the 1400 (or whatever amount) plan minutes that they pay for.  While we have gotten used to having all of these different categories, some people would find this confusing.

They also don't have to look bad for being the only national network for not offering some type of unlimited mobile-to-any-mobile calling.

0 Likes
lnwalker

The share everything plans don't help families unless you only use feature phones. Then it's great. That would save me about $60 a month over my plan now. But I have 2 smartphones, $80 voice and text, 4gb of data $70, and 3 feature phones voice and text $90 for a total of $240. When I add in taxes and insurance, my bill goes up to $290. Right now I pay $235. I have 1400 minutes and I average 700 a month. One smartphone has unlimited data and the other one has 4 gb.  So would the share everything plan be good for me? Nope. So that means I will have to hang on to my phones as long as possible. Why is the voice and text for smartphones $40 and $30 for feature phones? I mean isn't talking and text the same no matter what phone you have.

0 Likes
lnwalker

The new plan raises my bill $60 a month. I don't need unlimited voice and text. And why is the smartphone $10 more than the feature phone?

0 Likes
1854l
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree completely about the fee, basic vs smartphone.  The difference is data and thats a separate fee so why is a smartphone $40.? I'm gonna guess it's because smartphones are more common, so more money for verizon!

Tidbits
Legend

Much like Sprint charging $10 more from all their plans when using a smartphone on their network?

Honestly if the new plans are not working out for people who are not on them. Move on... I would in a heart beat when my contract expires.

0 Likes