Should I put antivirus protection (like Lookout) on my Bionic?
houndmommy

I'm careful about what I download on my phone and originally heard that I wouldn't need any protection and that it could cause phone issues.  Earlier this week though, I was told by a clerk in Best Buy that I should put Lookout (I think that's the name) on my phone. What is recommended for protecting these phones?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Should I put antivirus protection (like Lookout) on my Bionic?
Wildman
Legend

Opinions on this subject will always depend on who you speak to and how they are using their devices, it is to the point that users cant help but acknowledge that Android has became one of the most popular OS for mobile device and since the OS is open source developers and hackers enjoy ripping the software apart and identify any exploits or vulnerabilities and this can lead to a problem with malware.

Now after saying this I have came to see a positive reason to use a AV or security software so I would install Lookout, I am presently running Kaspersky Mobile on my device and it has worked well for me and has detected a few exploits but if you want to keep load lite stay with Lookout for now.

0 Likes
houndmommy

Thanks for your input.  I have Kaspersky Mobile as well, but didn't put it on my phone after i read that AV software can cause issues.  Do you have any comments about Kaspersky?  Wondering if I should install it since I have it or is it going to cause me problems.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have had Kaspersky for about 8 months and haven't seen any issue with having it running on my device, the first build was a bit resource intensive but the recent build has been scaled down to minimize power and processor usage.. 

I am happy with the application and I would say go for it, I dont see any issues that the program cause.

0 Likes