Signal Strength
MARROS83

We have a Galaxy S5 and a Samsung Brightside.  It appears our neighborhood has poor signal strength with values less than 100 dBm.  The coverage info indicates we should be getting significantly better reception.  What to do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Signal Strength
Weth
Legend

You do understand that -95 dB is stronger signal than -100 dB? I am not quite sure based on how you wrote your question since dB would be -100 dB but you wrote +100 dB. Less than -100 dB would indicate you understand going less than -100 (-105 dB) is worse, but by writing positive 100 dB, going less than would mean 95 dB, which would really mean -95 dB which is better.

Anyway, assuming you just forgot the minus sign, the first thing to do is see if it is the phone. What do other Verizon phones show in your area. The published maps are notoriously rough estimates. A better indicator for what others get in your area are websites like opensignal.com or sensorly.com. If others are also getting poor signal, then you can only complain to Verizon and wait for any improvements. Verizon never gives any promises when an area will be upgraded, or even if it will be.

0 Likes
Re: Signal Strength
MARROS83

Thanks. I forgot the minus sign. With that said, it is occurring with both of our phones and confirmed using opensignal. We are in Florida on the Space Coast and it is probably a Verizon issue. I complained five years ago when I had a dumb phone and just got a bunch of gobledyguck. Sprint and, recently, AT&T are the big carriers down here due to pricing. We did not use our phones much except out of the area, so it did not bother us. However, it is becoming a problem since I got the Smart phone and am using it more in the area.

0 Likes