Signal strength weak after latest ota update
pearlinj

The signal strength on my Galaxy S5 has dropped significantly (never higher than -100 dbm) after receiving an OTA update on 7/8.  I have tried restarting, removing the battery and removing and reseating the SIM card.  Before the update, I always had 4 full bars of signal strength.  I now usually have 1 or 2 bars.  Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Signal strength weak after latest ota update
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You'll wan to consider doing a factory reset, however you'll want to back up all important information to a cloud service first.

0 Likes
pearlinj

I doubt that a factory reset will do anything, as it will just down load the same update after the reset.  Is anyone else having this same issue after the latest OTA update?

0 Likes
Rogueo

I'm having the same issue. Also when my now weak signal drops out the only way the phone will reconnect is to cycle airplane mode on/off or reboot. It used to work great before the update the other morning.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It may if it's done a certain way, though lollipop will still be there, there is no getting rid of it.

0 Likes
pearlinj

Bump.  Anyone else experiencing poor signal strength on their Galaxy s5 after the latest ota update from Samsung/Verizon?  I have trie the airplane mode toggle trick, as well as the system cache wipe trick, but neither has helped.  Please don't suggest a factory reset.  That's not an acceptable solution to an official system update problem (and from reading this forum, it almost never fixes the problem when an issue is linked to an ota update).

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

FDRs often do repair issues after an OS update.  however, the S5 is a particular beast where very little helps this phone.  If you cannot FDR, then there might not be much we can do for you.  I'd say ask Verizon for a replacement, but you'd have to go through their troubleshooting steps first, and those would involve a FDR.

0 Likes