Signing On To WEP WireLess Network
rustytrombone
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Cisco Wireless-G Broadband Router Model # WRT54G2.

I am able connect to an open wireless network, for example Starbucks, with no issue. The wireless connect icon appears in the upper right part of the tray of the phone, and the 4G icon goes to white.

But when I try to connect to my home wireless network by the router, I type in my password. Then the above does not happen. I'm assuming that I'm not connected.

Any ideas on why this is happening and how to resolve it?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Signing On To WEP WireLess Network
niteowlcop

Did you ever get the problem fixed? I have a Belkin and the same problem, Everything else I have hooks up fine except my Droid.

0 Likes
LuvMyLabs
Contributor - Level 1

Did you try WPA2 and see if that works? Supposedly, WEP is not that secure but I think the download speeds are alot faster.

0 Likes
niteowlcop

It is set on WPA2. Every thing else I own wireless hooks up fine as soon as I put the password in. The razr did until the last upgrade to ICS. I have tried about everything. It will sometimes hook up using the push button mode and sometimes it won't even hook up then (even if I am standing right next to it).

Doug

-

LuvMyLabs <community@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

LuvMyLabs created the discussion

"Re: Signing On To WEP WireLess Network"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/889482#889482

>

0 Likes