Sim card switched to new device email
bcsimms04

Tonight my service went out a few times and went back and forth from 5g to no service at all and simultaneously I got an email from Verizon saying:

"A new device was detected.

We noticed that you or someone on your account switched to a new device by moving the SIM card. To ensure your new device is set up properly on our network, please confirm the features for the new device."

I didn't do anything with my phone and this is the only device on my account, what's going on here?

0 Likes
Re: Sim card switched to new device email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, bcsimms04. We are sorry to hear that you lost service on your phone. Have you tried logging in to My Verizon to check that the device on your account has the same IMEI and ICCID (And make and model) as your phone has in the settings?  *Cassie

0 Likes
bcsimms04

I just did and they are the same.  I only lost service briefly for a minute or so (the x on the bars came up and a call I was on dropped).  Just wondering why I was sent an email about my sim being switched when nothing like that happened.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing your side of things, bcsimms04. Is your service working again, and has anything changed at all with your phone since then? *Zaak

0 Likes