Since Marshmallow update LG G3 has issues w/ screen power on and WiFi
Sim1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since Marshmallow update LG G3 has issues w/ screen power on it will not work most of the time, very frustrating. Also, my wifi connection was great fast internet connection and able to download. Now I am lucky to get into Wifi and it cannot download at all. Went through basics with CS on the phone but was told not issues with update and to call LG.

Labels (1)
Re: Since Marshmallow update LG G3 has issues w/ screen power on and WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sim1,

Let us help turn those feelings around. Software updates are intended to improve the functions of your phone.  In order to avoid the same troubleshooting steps that our peers preformed with us can you provide us the last step completed. Where you able to complete a factory reset?
Here to help.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sim1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The last step that customer support had me attempt was to disconnect from the internet and reboot the wireless router. Even if I am using data I am still unable to download and power on from sleep is problematic. Searching anything on the internet is better on data than on wifi but obviously when I am home I want to save the data and use wifi. Thanks for any input you can give me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you to be without a solid connection, Sim1. Let's look at a couple things on the phone. Is bluetooth turned on? I have come across a few issues with Bluetooth and WiFi not getting along after the Marshmallow update. Have you tried putting the phone in Safe Mode? http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112843/ Test the phone in safe mode to see if the phone will wake up from sleep.
DerekR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer�have you tried  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
toolfansat
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem with my LG G3 since the Marshmallow update,   A quick Google search indicates that we are part of a MUCH larger problem.

Besides the WiFi issues the OP mentioned, many apps just hand when opening and never do actually open, the Google Play Store cannot be accessed either.

I wiped my system cache files and this helped for a while but now it's back to running slowly, not opening apps, etc.

The battery life is significantly less than before the update.

I expect to see an update to fix these issues ASAP!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

toolfansat, We want you to enjoy your LG G3. What is your specific experience with the Wi-Fi? Is the issue with the Google Play Store and Applications while you are connected to Wi-Fi?
JoelR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dawn335d

I am having issues with my LG G3 also. I completed the update maybe 2 days ago, and while I was reading an article last night my screen just went haywire and slowly faded to black. I took my SD card out about a week ago and still haven't placed a new one in yet. I removed the battery and left it out all night in hopes of a miracle this morning to no avail. It seems to work fine until I unlock it and then it starts to faded to black within 2 minutes. Thankfully I can still play my music without any problems. I have no idea what to do at this point since it takes so long to do anything after having to lock/un-lock so I can see my screen. Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

0 Likes
Dawn335d

Update: I powered up in Safe Mode and the same problem occurs.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dawn335d, we want to get things back to the way that it use to be on that device. Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to that device? If so, did you update the software for your downloaded applications, as well?

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dawn335d

Hi, I've downloaded a good amount of applications from the Play Store. If they required manual updates; then I did not do that and I am unable to view my screen long enough now to check. Is there a way to access my apps on the website or via my Chrome laptop so I can delete them all?

0 Likes