Single recipient does not receive my texts or calls, but I receive theirs.
kmhelfer

My texts and calls are not going through to a single contact on my phone. I'm not sure how to fix it. I recently switched from iPhone to Android, and the recipient recently got a new sim card. It was working fine before the sim card change. We are both with Verizon under the same plan. When he deletes the text thread, he is able to receive a single text from me before it stops working again. I receive all of his messages. So far I have done the following: 

-Cleared the message/phone cache on both ends

-Deleted/added the contact

-Deleted the text thread on both ends

-Made sure the number was correct/not blocked

-Restarted the phone on both ends

-Made sure my number was no longer associated with iMessage

-Called Verizon to make sure their sim card was activated/working correctly

I am not sure what to do now!

0 Likes
Re: Single recipient does not receive my texts or calls, but I receive theirs.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kmhelfer, thank you for reaching out to us and we appreciate the steps you have taken. Making sure you are able to send/receive calls/text messages from this individual is important. Allow us the opportunity to further review. Can you please confirm that both devices have the latest Software Update? Do you know if this individual is having trouble sending /receiving calls or texts from any other number?  -Sylvia

0 Likes
kmhelfer

Both of us have the latest software update. I am the only person that they are not receiving texts or calls from. However, I receive all of their messages. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kmhelfer, thank you for confirming this information. We would like the opportunity to take a closer look at the details. Do you currently have access to both devices?

We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you. -Sylvia

0 Likes