Software Version 3.06.605.4 - slow responding texting user interface
mheckman01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Performed the update yesterday morning to Software Version 3.06.605.4 on my HTC Droid DNA.

I have a complaint about the user experience for text messaging now.  I will regularly send text messages back-to-back. 

For example: 

Message 1:  OK [send]

Message 2:  See you ther [send]

(yes I realize I could put these 2 together, that's not the point).

Prior to the update, Message 1 would quickly appear in the conversation history of the thread, with the little "sending message" logo in the lower right corner of that message box.  This would then allow me to quickly start typing Message 2 in the message creation box. 

After the update, Message 1 is retained in the message creation box, preventing me from starting Message 2 for quite some time (upwards of 5-6 seconds).  I suspect Message 1 is retained in the message creation box until it is sent.

Anyone else notice this nuisance?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Software Version 3.06.605.4 - slow responding texting user interface
bald1eagle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just did same update today.  Before update I could type and enter my text and it would send instantly.  Now, after update it is taking literally 5 secs to transfer the text into the sent screen.  This may not sound like a lot of time, but when you are waiting to type more, it is an eternity, especially when you are use to instantly being able to do so.

Please tell me there is a fix.

Vincent

mheckman01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Additionally, the entire messenger interface is slow.  Switching between conversations/threads often takes nearly 6-7 seconds to retrieve the thread history, populate the contact icon and phone number at the top.  Group messages are even MORE painfully slow.

Really disappointed in the the performance of the most used feature on my phone.  If I could revert back to the previous software version I would.

I am using Swiftkey application for my keyboard.  However, even when I switched back to the HTC standard keyboard, the lag is still present.

Does anyone have an avenue for reporting bugs like this?

0 Likes
ramjsanders

Duplicate post - please visit:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1036846#1036846

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
ovad2
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not a duplicate.  The linked post addresses Facebook issues with the keyboard and Swyft.  This poster, as well as myself, is experiencing issues specifically related to text messaging responsiveness.  That is not addressed at all in the post you link to.

0 Likes
Beeej55

I have the exact same issue with my texting. the "lag" is straight awful. Sometimes 10 to15 seconds to send a text please advise if there is any fix to this. Texting is horrible now.

0 Likes