Sometimes my ringback tones don't work. There's just silence when a person calls. And when they do work, they don't start playing until like 10 seconds.
sherrih1988

Sometimes my ringback tones don't work. There's just silence when a person calls. No music and no ringing. And when they DO work, there's nothing until like 10 seconds. Then they finally start playing. I've been wondering why I've been getting a bunch of hangups lately. That's why. Because they don't hear anything when they call me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sometimes my ringback tones don't work. There's just silence when a person calls. And when they do work, they don't start playing until like 10 seconds.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe you could consider removing the ringback tones feature from your line and see if that helps.

Considering how few times I have called people with ringback tones, I might hang up if I did hear anything other than the standard ringing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Sometimes my ringback tones don't work. There's just silence when a person calls. And when they do work, they don't start playing until like 10 seconds.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see how this would be an issue for you. Do you have more than one ringback tone set up at this time? I'd be interested to know if it is happening with all ringback tones or just one.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sherrih1988

I have more than one ringback tone. I have several in a jukebox. It's not

just one certain song. I tried that and unchecked whatever ringback tones

did NOT start playing and once I had them all eliminated and had heard the

remaining ones play immediately at least one time it is still doing it. I

also tried changing my default jukebox to a different one and it's still

doing it. I've sent 2 test calls to #832 like I was instructed to when the

caller got silence when calling.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 11:25 AM Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sherrih1988,

Thanks for the added details. We definitely want to make sure that callers are hearing the are getting through. To be sure, have you attempted to remove the feature to see if calls come through with no delay? If not, let's give it a shot.

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sherrih1988

I just did now, and tried calling my cell phone 3 times and it rang

immediately.

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 11:48 AM Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love my ringback tones sherrih1988. Let's make sure yours are working. I have sent you a Private Message so we can continue troubleshooting.
RosanneM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes