Sonim XP8800 Screen Shots Not Saved
Mobile_Man1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a new Sonim XP8800 running Android 8.1.0, Build no. 8A.0.0-03-8.1.0-15.67.00. No further Android updates are available from Verizon for this phone.  Everything works great except for one thing.  When I take a screen shot by simultaneously pressing the Volume Down and the Home buttons, the phone makes the "shutter click" sound like when a picture is taken; but I can't find the picture.  I have looked where all my other pictures are saved; but it's not there.  I used Google File Manager to search both Internal Memory and my SD card; but the screen shots aren't there.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Sonim XP8800 Screen Shots Not Saved
Mobile_Man1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well I seem to have figured this out on my own.  For starters, I wasn't actually taking screen shots.  The "shutter" sound I heard was actually the loud click my phone makes when depressing the Home button.  Second issue was that Home/Volume Down is the wrong combination of keys for this phone.  Power/Volume Down is the correct combination.  Through File Manager the screen shot will be located in: Internal Storage > Pictures > Screenshots.  It can also be viewed by clicking the Photo icon and selecting Libraries > Screenshots.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is critical to be able to access your screenshots, Mobile_Man1. You have taken great steps to locate them. We found the following recommendation. Click on Photos, then click the three horizontal lines in the top left. Choose “Device folders” to be led to the next screen. Are your screenshots here?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your reply, Mobile_Man1. I looked at many resources to find the answer, and it never “clicked” with me that you may have been pressing the incorrect key combination. I am glad it all worked out. Is there anything else we can do for you today?

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes