Re: Sony Xperia Z on Verizon
atkearns
Enthusiast - Level 3

Xperia Z looks awesome.. I hope an unlocked LTE version becomes available so it can be used on VZW.

0 Likes
maxamillianm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Point blank there are so many more options for carriers now, you have to think that Verizon will HAVE TO carrier the Xperia Z to keep competitive.  ATT/Virgin Mobile might not be perfect but for $40-50 a month including a data plan I can get a this great phone (my wife calls it a husband proof phone). Verizon would be (sell the Stock) stupid not to cut a deal to carry the Xperia Z.  Plus Verizon is got a great product but they are pricing themselves out of the market......Like Cable.

atkearns
Enthusiast - Level 3

Like cable..... agreed

0 Likes
nomispin
Enthusiast - Level 1

It would really be great if Verizon would start to carry more Sony phones. And allow Sony to keep their U.I. intact without any changes. Verizon would benefit from carrying more phone choices, especially the phones that make worldwide news and is the talk of C.E.S. I'm sure there are people that would leave Verizon just to get the next it phone. No matter what the cost. No matter who the manufacturer is. If you read this Verizon, pay attention to the world around. Use business sense and not grudges to make money.

jaydoubledub

You know what I just realized?  I believe my contract expires in June or July.  I'm eligible for an upgrade next month, BUT, if I can't get a device as the Xperia Z on Verizon, I can just terminate in June!  The sole reason I switched to Verizon was for coverage.  I needed the coverage for the times I'm in the field.  I will soon be changing duty stations to another area in San Diego, that will have coverage of all major carriers.  This is awesome!  There's a good chance I'll switch carries.  A definite is that I will not stick with a Motorola device.  I like the Razr MAXX I'm rockin now, but, the support is nil.

0 Likes
ZeroMav

Hey, what does a phone need to work on Verizon? I was reading about the phone and found that under compatible networks, it has three options. GSM/GPRS/EDGE, HSPA+, and LTE. Wouldn't it work on Verizon if you got the LTE version? I might be very wrong, considering I don't know what any of this means.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

ZeroMav wrote:

Hey, what does a phone need to work on Verizon? I was reading about the phone and found that under compatible networks, it has three options. GSM/GPRS/EDGE, HSPA+, and LTE. Wouldn't it work on Verizon if you got the LTE version? I might be very wrong, considering I don't know what any of this means.

It needs the right LTE bands plus the CDMA radios to work correctly on the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
glennster

I'm probably going to wait to see what all the 2013 phones have to offer, but so far i'm leaning towards the "Z".

I always bought Motorola, but since Google bought the company the only phone i see coming out is the "X" i'm not impressed. I no longer travel since retiring from the military. if AT&T works in my area i may jump off the big RED boat.

0 Likes
Moop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon -

Carry the Sony Xperia Z or I will hate you.  A lot.

R01k
Enthusiast - Level 3

Me too. There are only about two phones on Verizon that I like today and the one on the top of the list is this upcoming Xperia. I really like this phone design and specs. If Verizon brings it, I will definetely renew my contract to use this nice phone.