Re: Sony Xperia Z2 for Verizon?
Tidbits
Legend

More than likely it'll be T-Mobile. Z and Z1(Z1S) went to them.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You can buy it unlocked from Sony and it'll work on AT&T and T-Mobile. They do offer financing as well.

0 Likes
HT_BLADE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sony-Xperia-Z2-vs-Sony-Xperia-Z1~01.jpgPlease Verizon,  bring this phone to your network. I been with Verizon for over 4 years. I don't mind paying their higher cost because it provides me great service. However, I am a great fan of Sony and I been waiting for them to step up on the phone market. Z2 does it. I currently own a Note 2, and I love the bigger screen. Z2 makes it a match for me with a style. I currently also have a Z Tablet which has work flawless. Verizon bring this phone or many, including me,  will follow Sony Z2 to wherever it goes.

Tidbits
Legend

Like I said earlier....  FIRST you have to convince SONY to make a CDMA version.  If you look at all their phones lately they do not make a CDMA version at all for countries that use CDMA.  I would be more inclined to think Sony has moved away from CDMA.

0 Likes
kyawzawlinn2009
Enthusiast - Level 3

If Xperia Z2 is on Verizon, that would be my next phone. I was tired of using Samsung Galaxy phones. Sorry Samsung, I don't like cheap phone and It's not going to be my choice of phone any longer. I love Sony Premium devices.

0 Likes
TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

Well I know it's def (99% likely) going to T-Mobile, and they do pay your ETFs....

0 Likes
TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

We share slightly the same sentiments. However, I have an iphone 5, and my issues do not lie in the quality. My gripes are with the software/ lack of features/ boring, old, and tired UI. I really think I would like the Xperia Z2...

0 Likes
htgg

Hope this article is true...talks about Sony supporting LTE and major carriers in the US.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/543079/20140313/sony-xperia-z2-carrier-predictions-t-mobile.htm#.Uycx...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Nope the writer fails to realize... The Z2 has no CDMA radio frequencies which is the MOST important for CDMA carriers. Without that it will not work on Verizon as intended unless Verizon switches to Voice Over LTE which... More than likely isn't going to happen until the Z2 is replaced by a few updated versions of the Z line.

0 Likes
UltimateViper
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not necessarily this has the Verizon LTE radios in it and Verizon has expressed interest in having just LTE phones in the market by the end of the year. So it is possible and it better happen. If this ends up on T-Mobile or AT&T I will leave to go get it even though I've been with Verizon for 10 years.

0 Likes