Re: Sony Xperia Z2 for Verizon?
Tidbits
Legend

A small market. Sony and Verizon aren't going to put chips in that just yet.

There still needs to be a CDMA for majority of Verizon's network which the Z2 does not support. You could buy a Z2 from Sony, but then the question becomes does it support VoLTE or not for it to work which I am willing to bet it doesn't and isn't even coded for it either.

Sorry a bunch of wishful thinking to me. The Z3 or higher maybe, but the Z2 highly unlikely due to how Sony does things.

0 Likes
ColbyT

The Z2 is definitly a phone I would upgrade for. I am on my own paying for phones since I don't want to lose my data plan so I find it hard to upgrade my phone sometimes. This phone though would definitely be worth it though. Verizon needs to seriously work on its' phone pipeline. The coverage is pretty much the best wherever you go but their phone selection is probably the worst. I know there are difficulties in getting manufacturers to build with CDMA and I am guessing that is why they are wanting to upgrade to VoLTE asap but in the mean time I think we pay enough for our service to want a bit better selection in phones. As for me, I want this one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ColbyT, We of course want to make sure we can provide the best devices available in the cellular world and continue to provide customers great options, including our exclusive Droid device line. In the meantime, please click the link for our latest device news and services. http://bit.ly/n5snpq Thanks again for being part of Verizon Wireless ColbyT.

-PeterV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
kylemceahern

So verizon will or won't be carrying this phone? I have been due for an upgrade for a while and I have been waiting for a goof phone to come out like the Z2. I was surprised verizon didn't offer the first sont xperia z now its just ridiculous and I will be changing providers to get the phone I want if I need to.

0 Likes
Sony Xperia Z2 for Verizon?
Tidbits
Legend

The answer is No.  The Z2 white papers says there is NO CDMA radio.  Even the white paper says that it has no CDMA radio and no mention of VoLTE support.  If the Z2 did support it and the end of the year Verizon turns on VoLTE(it wouldn't be in all markets).  People would buy it and it won't work for calls and text people would be peeved so it would still need a CDMA radio.

Sony no longer makes CDMA phones.  It is honestly a hassle to make CDMA phones as Qualcomm requires additional firmware, and approval from them.

0 Likes
phenotype
0 Likes
Skeetdaddy
Enthusiast - Level 1

That would be cool, although I'd feel better about believing this if Sony would update / change the specs for the Z2 on their own website!

0 Likes
asenduk
Enthusiast - Level 1
Skeetdaddy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep, there's the CDMA bands under secondary cellular phone!

livendive
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zomg, "Cleanup, my office, stat!"

I was going to bite the bullet and get an HTC One M8 today on an Edge plan, but now I'm thinking I might as well save those $300 and just plod along with my broken phone for another month or two.

0 Likes