Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
NickinVA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please bring the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact to Verizon - need a non-phablet high end device.

Labels (1)
Re: Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
BlwAvg
Enthusiast - Level 1

I second this. I know nothing is going to come from this post (other than your and my ability to vent). At best, we'll get a canned answer. The two options available to us are the following:

Droid Razr M - Released on the 5th of September of 2012

Droid Mini - Announced on 23rd of July 2013 (This is the successor to the Razr M, but both are still sold)

<soapbox>

There are no other comparable options available to us, because I assume we are in the minority (there are currently only 6 post in regard to this subject). You cannot even switch to a newer apple because the new iphone 6 is huge too. Verizon needs a voting option. Or maybe even a kickstarter/indigogo way of supporting what phones you want. For example, they need X amount pledged to bring phone over. If the goal is not met, then we submit. Ideally all phones should work on all networks, but I know that's not just feasible. There needs to be a compromise between carriers and customers.

I wont hold my breadth, but I sincerely wish there were better and more diverse options. I would be happy if there was a way to have my voice heard instead of knowing that my post is going to get lost in the vastness of internet. *sigh*

</soapbox>

NickinVA, thanks for giving me a place to vent.

Hating_Phablets
Enthusiast - Level 2

Count me in as well...

I want a small phone with as many bells and whistles as possible. (i.e. the Sony Experia Z3 Compact!)

Verizon's canned reply to our plea may direct us to look at the Samsung S4 Mini. While the S4 Compact is a compact phone loaded with goodies I'm afraid its having to many issues (screen lock, battery drain, etc) to consider it. At this point I would even be willing to get the Samsung Alpha instead of the Z3 compact but Verizon doesn't offer it either.

Our problem is Verizon is catering to the majority market. (i.e. HUGE phones) Unfortunately for those of us who would like a smaller high end phone... we are the minority. Heck, even Apple released a bigger phone due to pressure from the industry. Granted the giant phablet style phone (hybrid phone/tablet) makes watching movies, TV, Videos etc easier... but I'd rather suffer with watching a smaller screen and have a phone that will fit in my front pants pocket.

pananda
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree I can't handle these large phones I have small hands.  Th xperia compact is this best option. I don't understand why the z3 is out but not the compact.  I have the g4 mini basically a small g3, not worth it. Any news on the z3 compact?

mtwhickory
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been with Verizon for 12 years.  Maybe it's time to change.  Which carriers sell the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact?  What is the cheapest you have seen for an unlocked Sony Xperia Z3 Compact?

lschmidt814
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.  My contract is up in a couple of months and I see nothing that I would get with Verizon.  Once Motorola announced that the new Moto X would be replaced by the new mammoth sized one I started looking elsewhere.  The Z3 Compact seems to be the only smaller phone available that didn't get neutered in terms of specs and Verizon has no plans of carrying it.

i8nycity
Enthusiast - Level 1

You're right. I need a phone that will fit in my girl-pants pocket. The Z3 is the only small-ish phone that is even comparable to the new phones today. Because it's the best option, only option, for powerful small phones, I'm going to give Verizon an ultimatum: If Verizon doesn't announce they're getting it by the time my contract ends in August, I'm going to switch to AT&T. Sorry Verizon, you just need to give us the phones we want.

PS I know it doesn't exist anymore, but what I really want is a powerful smartphone that's the size of the old smartphones- 4.2 inches would be ideal.

Tidbits
Legend

Honestly why wait. Just go now. Carriers are willing to take you with incentives. Oh no carrier around the world carry's the Z3C. You have to purchase it from Sony or an authorized Sony dealer.

wonderlust
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know that it is not currently available to carriers, but is it possible that it will change?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

More than likely not.  Sony is actually moving away from Mobile phones, and are selling their Mobile division as we speak. 

0 Likes