Sony Xperia Z3v Multiple Texts Sent
Stevedk12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey everyone,

I am having an issue where my Z3v is sending multiple texts for all of my messages. Most threads prior to this involve third party applications or no finite solution, but I started off using the stock messaging app then even tried switching to the message+ but was getting the same results. Seeing as this is a pretty common issue, I am wondering, has anyone has figured out a common solution that does not involved downloading third party messaging apps?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sony Xperia Z3v Multiple Texts Sent
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Force stop / clear data on message app in app mgr settings.  But vzw may need to refresh your texts via their switch

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PseudoPsynic

I'm having the same issue. It started while I was using Textra. Just like you though, stock messaging gives the same results. It would be nice to get some other input on this.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Force stop / clear data on message app in app mgr settings.  But vzw may need to refresh your texts via their switch

0 Likes
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

Did all of this - still happens.

0 Likes
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

Tried Verizon messaging , stock messaging, AND hangouts - all same results. Messages sending 3-4 times

0 Likes
Stevedk12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you all for the feedback. I took a slightly modified approach to tbo27's idea and did a force stop followed by clearing the cache and then restarting my phone. Since then I have not had a problem today with sending multiple texts. Everything is only going out once. Not saying it is permanent by any means but I have gone quite some time without any issues so maybe give that a shot too.

Some other factors that may or may not be relevant are that I have Stamina, NFC, Throw, Mobile Hotspot and obviously Airplane modes turned OFF. The rest in the default quick settings are ON including WiFi, Bluetooth and Location. Not sure if this means anything but trying to give as much info as possible.

I will keep updating as time goes on and offer up any other suggestions I may find.

therabbitssing
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having this issue.  2-3 texts are being received by my friends and co workers.  Tried everything but still happens intermittently.  Went to a Verizon store and they swapped out the SIM.  An hour later, same thing.   Something is going on.

0 Likes
Slaukor

I too am having this same issue.  Has anyone come up with a fix yet?

0 Likes
flutterbyasaurus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had this issue and Verizon has troubleshot with me. I've tried everything, including using the phone, completely stock as well as trading it out two times. Yes... I'm on my third phone and all three have done this.

therabbitssing
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't had the issue for a couple of days now. I hard reset the phone, wiping everything.  So far so good.

0 Likes