Re: Sony Xperia Z3v Multiple Texts Sent
KenshinNGB
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've also been having this problem. I went the the Verizon store and they said that they were aware of the this problem for the Xperia Z3v and that it's a software problem. They told me they are working on it and an update for the phone should arrive in the near future to fix it. Until then I guess all we can do is wait.

therabbitssing
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke too soon.  Just happened again a couple of times today.  I am able to predict when it will happen.  The phone will continuously say 'sending' even if the recipient has gotten the text and will do so for a minute or more, and the recipient gets it up to three times before the phone finally puts a time stamp (usually the actual minute you sent the text) on it.  On occasion, you will get the could not send sad red notification, even if they got the text three times.

I really hope this gets fixed soon.

0 Likes
NATOlibre
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I'm glad I found this thread cause I'm obviously having the same problem. I've sent 7 messages at once with out noticing it, until all my friends had enough and raged. I'm a bit disappointed with the phone. Main reasons; Phone turns into a burning coal when playing games, headphone jack volume sucks compared to IOS ( I have to turn up 30% more of the aux volume in my car to even have a decent sound), multiple texts (unexeptable). Coming from a 4 year old IPhone 4, and even though it's slow a** hell, I'm returning the phone.

0 Likes
flutterbyasaurus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just wanted to let everyone know that I think I've found a work around for this issue to use until Sony fixes it. If you turn on the developer options, scroll to the bottom and turn on "don't keep activities". Whatever background process is causing the problem won't be able to run. It makes apps load a tiny bit slower because it has to load all the data, every time you open it. But hey, at least I'm not texting my friends 3 messages at a time.

rugerguy49548
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nova launcher is giving me a fit now since I enabled that any chance you know what the negative of that is?

0 Likes
flutterbyasaurus
Enthusiast - Level 2

What's nova doing that's not working?

0 Likes
rugerguy49548
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
flutterbyasaurus
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's just a warning telling you that every time you open an app, it'll have to reload the data.

I have also seen some of my apps not work entirely unless I turn that back on. Uploading a picture to imgur, for instance, requires that setting be turned off while you upload.

Another alternative would be to reboot your phone everytime it starts to happen. It usually fixed it for a little while for me.

0 Likes
therabbitssing
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone has been good since right after I posted.  Fingers crossed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Therabbitssing,

Thanks for the details! Just to clarify, then your issue would be just the  delivery notification function is not working properly? I want to make sure this is resolved accurately.

PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes