Re: Sony Xperia Z3v Multiple Texts Sent
therabbitssing
Enthusiast - Level 3

SO far, it's been a couple weeks without the issue (Stamina Mode off). Anyone try turning it on again?

0 Likes
Stevedk12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not had the issue but I am also to nervous to turn stamina mode back on. I'll give it a try and let you know after a little while

0 Likes
Slaukor

No issue for me for a while. Also Verizon messages just pushed an update stating it fixes "multiple texts sent issue"

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

-

Stevedk12 wrote -

>img

>

>A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

>    

>Sony Xperia Z3v Multiple Texts Sent

>created by Stevedk12 in Android - View the full discussion

>I have not had the issue but I am also to nervous to turn stamina mode back on. I'll give it a try and let you know after a little while

>

>Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

>

>Start a new discussion in Android by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

>© 2014 Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa. We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

>about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

>

>

0 Likes
therabbitssing
Enthusiast - Level 3

Turning back Stamina mode brings back the issue.

0 Likes
Stevedk12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had it on with no issue since my last post thankfully. I have other

minor issues with messaging like it saying texts have not been sent when

they actually have or leaving the text in the text box if I close out the

app too soon after sending. But back to the original issue. I am not having

any issues yet back in stamina mode.

On Dec 13, 2014 4:26 PM, "therabbitssing" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
akarrot
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this similar problem. It seems to happen when the text says "Sending" for a while. Anyone have a sure fix to this? So far I've seen:

"turn off Stamina mode" which seems to work for some people (but I'd rather not do this since I got this phone to avoid the constant need to charge the battery)

Verizon update (my phone is up to date, but I still send out duplicate messages)

and disabling the stock messenger (which one is better?).

I started with Messenger + and moved to the Messaging App after noticing the duplicate texts. I'm wondering if I should go back? My Messenger + app is disabled currently and I still send the duplicate texts.

I should also mention that I can't see the message sent twice, but am told that people receive duplicates of my messages. Also, sometimes the message reports that it was unable to send but the receiver still gets the message.

Can verizon get on this????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

akarrot,

Sorry to see that you have been having trouble with duplicate text messages. Sounds like the duplicate text messages is happening regardless of which application you use. Is that correct? I understand that the stamina mode is one of the benefits of the device and we want you to be able to use the device as you intend. We want to understand the root cause of the trouble. Could you try disabling Stamina mode to see if the trouble you are having persists with it disabled? Let's also test the messaging with the device in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1Dye2ve . Let us know the results.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
akarrot
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've since posting switched to the Messaging App (not the one pre-installed on the phone, but the one from the Play Store) and have not had a problem yet. If I still get this problem I will try disabling Stamina mode.