Stellar download to external memory card
taylorrg

I'm trying to download pictures that I've received on MMS messages to the external memory card on my Samsung Stellar.  Is this even possible?  I can't find any settings that change the download location.  If it is possible, I'd appreciate detailed instructions as I'm still learning my device.  Thanks.. Ralph

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Stellar download to external memory card
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As far as I know there isn't a way to change the default location for saving attachments in text messages or email. It will save to the download folder in the internal memory space. If the internal memory space isn't available to the phone for saving user files then it will save to a download folder on the SD card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi taylorrg!

I save many of the MMS messages I receive, so I understand why you would like to save yours. Once you receive the picture, just press and hold on the picture and select "Save Attachment." This will save the picture to either the device memory or your memory card. When going into your gallery, it will be listed in "Downloads."

I hope this is helpful for you!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
taylorrg

Christine..  Thank you for the first step in the process!  When I presss-hold on the picture, I do get the option to save the attachment.  However, I can't find any option on the save attachment dialog that allows me to switch the destination where it will be saved.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there a setting somewhere that pre-chooses the destination for the save attachment dialog?  Thanks..  Ralph

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

As far as I know there isn't a way to change the default location for saving attachments in text messages or email. It will save to the download folder in the internal memory space. If the internal memory space isn't available to the phone for saving user files then it will save to a download folder on the SD card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes