Sticky Internet Connection Mode
mhuss

HTC Rezound phone, running ICS.

Once I set my Rezound to Internet Connection Mode the first time, it connects the PC to the internet every time you plug in the USB cable, even if the USB Connection Type is set to Charge Only. It even connects if WiFi and Mobile Network are both disabled!! The only way I have found to clear this condition is to restart the phone. This has only happened since the Android ICS upgrade. Anyone else seen odd behavior like this? I want to use the computer to keep the phone charged, it seems silly to have to carry a phone charger when you have a computer available, and at some clients I have to connect to their network, with dual homing strictly prohibited.

--mark

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Sticky Internet Connection Mode
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mhuss,  I understand that connection security is a huge concern in todays day and age!  Let's give you back your options!  I would like to try to clear the data of the Connect to PC application.  Go to Menu>Settings>Apps>All>Connect to PC>Clear Data.  Please keep me posted on the status!

Thank You,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You may have to change it on the computer itself. I don't know though, I don't use that feature.

0 Likes
markeh

I tried this, but it made no difference.

i discovered that switching to internet pass-through does kill the connection, by forcing a driver reinstall. 😕

0 Likes
markeh

The HTC Android driver gets installed the first time you connect the phone to the PC, so only the phone has any control over that.

I tried updating this driver via normal Windows means, but it says the driver is up to date.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

markeh - It has been a bit since you originally posted. Are you still experiencing these same issues? Have you tried a master reset, or seeing if maybe HTC Sync allows you to configure those options as well once your Rezound is connected to your pc?

Please update us so we may assist if still needed! Thank you markeh, and everyone that has posted. Take care!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
mhuss

Sadly, no, the problem has not been resolved. Verizon sent me a replacement phone, and I

went through the pain of moving everything over to the new phone, but the problem

remains. I can find no setting on the phone or PC side that doesn't already say it

should not be doing this ("Charge only", etc.)

--mark

0 Likes