Still having trouble with low internal memory
Dragonkitty07

LG Vortex -

I couldn't even download a 136kb app today.  It says I have 18.6 MB internal storage space available.  All of my big apps are installed on my SD card, NOT on my phone and I have cleared the cache AND all the data on single thing in my manage apps settings (which ticked me off because I am aware by doing that I have lost my place in the book I was reading....)  I do not use my phone for email at all, but I still went into gmail and cleaned out all emails and deleted the trash (less than 1MB total).  I've turned off sync on everything except backup assistant.  I can't even update my existing apps because just by signing into Google play store I run out of internal memory.

Any other suggestions?  I'm sorry, but what a piece of trash phone.....I will be so glad when my contract comes up so I can get rid of this piece of junk. 

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Still having trouble with low internal memory
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Having 18 MB of internal storage available is tight.

What is the size of your dialer storage app? Do you have a SMS backup application installed to backup your text messages?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Still having trouble with low internal memory
Dragonkitty07

Thank you for your response.  My dialer storage is only 216kb in size, with 0 used in cache.  I don't have an SMS backup, only contact backup (backup assistant). 

I guess I"m just frustrated because so many smart phone users watch movies, read books, etc on their phones, and I can barely get mine to run a basic app. 

I did more paring down tonight and got it up to 21 Mb. Better than 18 I suppose

Thanks for the suggestions

0 Likes