Stratosphere Extended Battery Issues?
scsinykin

I have had my Stratosphere for just under a year.  Early on I bought an extended life battery, because the one that came with the phone would not get me through the day.  With normal use (a couple short phone calls, checking email, a few text messages), the extended battery used to take me safely through two days without a recharge.  Recently, it is at less than 50% by noon of the first day.  I stopped at a local Verizon store; they tested the battery and told me it was bad.  They gave me a new one, because the original was still under its one-year warranty.  But now, after two days, the new one is at less than 50% by noon, too--and that is with GPS, bluetooth, and wireless turned off (no available networks).  Could my phone itself be causing the low battery--something wrong with the wiring etc?  If so, I have an insurance plan on the phone.Samsung S  I'm not sure what to do about this situation, but it definitely is NOT the battery life it used to be.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stratosphere Extended Battery Issues?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon, scsinykin-

Its disappointing to see the battery life drop so drastically. It could be specific applications on the device using so much juice. Is there any antivirus, battery saver, or app killer applications on the phone? Any other applications that run continually or may bring up other apps or pop ups/notifications will contribute to the battery draining quickly.  Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
scsinykin

<Personal information removed for privacy.>

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Android - View the full discussion

Thanks for replying. Today the battery was at 12% by 3 p.m.—and this was the newly replaced battery! I do use Webroot Secure Anywhere anti virus on the phone, and it does a kind of read out of where the energy is going. I could send you those statistics if that would be helpful, but I am not aware of any obvious pop ups or notifications, unless you count Facebook, which is always putting up notices. I am just so mystified and disappointed because I used to get almost two days off this extended life battery—and that was using the phone in a similar manner (perhaps two calls a day, infrequent messaging, and checking email mainly).

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Android - View the full discussion

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes