Stratosphere - No 3g/4g Data!
thomas123312

My data plan stopped working on New Year's Eve early in the afternoon. I called Verizon, and was told they would call when the problem is resolved.  I rely on my phone for directions, email, and can't believe that the problem is not resolved. I have called every day and there is no solution.  Am I alone in this "outage"?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stratosphere - No 3g/4g Data!
jeffrube

having same problem, only able to connect via wi-fi...whats up

0 Likes
italgal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also am having difficulty with my Samsung Stratosphere data which started around New Year's Eve.  I called Verizon yesterday and went through the motions over the phone of switching mobile settings, removing battery, restarting with no success.  I thought maybe there was an outage in our area and was told by Verizon that they would send a tech to drive around our area in 4-7 days.  Not really good enough for me.  I took the phone to work with me today (30 miles away) and still no internet connectivity.  I also went online to the Verizon Customer Service Forums and was surprised by how many people are also similarly affected.  The thread is entitled 4g Service- Still Out Across the Nation? When I called Verizon again today to ask them about these outages, they acted like they don't know what I'm talking about.  I told them they better look at their forums and issue me a credit on my account.  I'm not happy and neither are a bunch of other people.  

italgal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Someone submitted a complaint to the FCC and that may be our only recourse to get this resolved.  I just submitted mine.  Here is the link if interested:

http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

0 Likes
jeffrube

so is it the phone or Verizon, thats the whole reason we want 4G????........frustrating

0 Likes
mimbrena
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having problems staying connected to the internet via my satellite (wild blue) for 2 weeks, then trouble with 3G this morning and afternoon no phone connection at all even though it shows the usual (for where I live) single bar. I can't even call Verizon. On my country road I passed a car who reported also having trouble.

But the web site shows nothing and here there is something about a large outage? Is there a system problem or not?

0 Likes
Stratosphere - No 3g/4g Data!
italgal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I drove around Western Washington the last 2 days and was in Seattle today with still no 3g or4g.  That told me something must be wrong with my phone.  I finally got in touch with a great guy in customer service who admitted there had been outages, but instead of replacing my phone which someone else suggested, walked me through the hard reboot.  After 1 hour on the phone, backing up stuff, etc. I finally got my 3G service back and running after 4 days of nothing.  He seemed to think it was related to software, but cautioned me to not download a lot of apps at first and do so gradually in case one of them may have caused my problem.  He said he hasn't had many trouble calls with the Stratosphere compared to other phones. The hard reboot is a bit nerve-wracking, but it did work in my case.  Kudos to Matthew for his great help.  Hopefully, I will stay connected!

0 Likes
jeffrube

U P D A T E

I spent an hour on hold with Verizon tech support. They ended up having me do a factory reset to restore the phone to the original settings. Once done I rebooted and voila 4G. While he wasn't certain he believes the problem to have been one of the extended battery saver apps that I downloaded.

You may want to check that out. I also agree with Italgal gradually down load some more apps to see what happens.

0 Likes
colleen0974

They ended up replacing my stratosphere all together.   I am really pissed off because I found out I bought my phone through an outside retailer and didn't even realize I was because it looked exactly like a verizon store.   I wanted to return the phone during my 14 day exchange period and get a different phone and they were going to charge me a $70 restocking fee.    My new stratosphere is working for now, but my first one worked in the beginning too.  I'm worried.

0 Likes
belle341
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have coverage either!  I called this morning as well, hopefully soon. I have only had the phone 4 days!  How do I do a hard reset?

0 Likes