Streaming Apps not working over 4G data connection, only when connected to WiFi
MICGAL43

Streaming apps like Twitch.tv, SiriusXM, Apple Music, and YouTube only work when I'm connected to WiFi and not when I'm using my 4G LTE data.

I tried restarting the phone several times and removed the sim card as well. All to no avail.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Streaming Apps not working over 4G data connection, only when connected to WiFi
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could have the applications set to restrict data usage to wifi only. You could also have setup the phone in the Data Usage setting to restrict background data to wifi only for all applications or specific applications.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Streaming Apps not working over 4G data connection, only when connected to WiFi
MICGAL43

I checked the data usage settings and no apps are on WiFi only and data usage restrictions are off.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The other possibility is the 4G LTE network is overloaded and therefore weak enough to not stream music and videos for those applications.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MICGAL43

Went to Verizon store and they clicked around a bunch of settings which all did nothing.

Turned the phone off and on again and it all of a sudden it started working.

Guess the third reboot was the charm.

0 Likes