Switching from droid maxx to Nexus 6p
scoob4444

I have a droid maxx still under contract, is there anything in the current contracts that I will break if I just swap my current sim card into the Nexus 6p

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switching from droid maxx to Nexus 6p
mama23dogs
Legend

((Sigh)

THe answer is , nothing will change.  If you're still under contract on the droid, you have to pay it out. As soon as you are out of contact, call and ask for a reduced line fee with the out of contract discount. 

I Have the 6p and love it.  Never having to wait for another update is awesome.  Works great, even gets HD voice so you can talk and surf.  Purchased mine from Google so I have warranty coverage.  Price dropped again, good time to buy.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question scoob44. We want you to use the phone of your choice with us. Being aware of your agreement and what it might do is always good. As a consumer myself, being able to switch devices is a top priority. Is something wrong with your current Droid Maxx? Where is this Nexus 6p being purchased from?
Great news! You do have the freedom to switch devices on your account without breaking your agreement. Here is how http://vz.to/1CF1SOl . Keep in mind, in order for the phone to work it needs to be compatible with our network and Verizon Wireless branded. You can check the compatibility here:  https://billpaysvc.verizonwireless.com/vzwprepay/prepay/nos/showPhoneActivationPage.action .

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

((Sigh)

THe answer is , nothing will change.  If you're still under contract on the droid, you have to pay it out. As soon as you are out of contact, call and ask for a reduced line fee with the out of contract discount. 

I Have the 6p and love it.  Never having to wait for another update is awesome.  Works great, even gets HD voice so you can talk and surf.  Purchased mine from Google so I have warranty coverage.  Price dropped again, good time to buy.

0 Likes