Switching to global network
plugz425
Enthusiast - Level 2

Currently using a S5, purchase about 6 weeks ago.

recently went on a out of town trip (texas to california)

as my normal habit with my old S3, I did a *228 upon arrival in california.(not realizing the newer phones no longer require this to update roaming capability.)

Since then, not even a whisper of 4G service, and phone on start up now shows the message "switching to global network"

I've gone thru other threads, manually setting to LTE network, removing and re-inserting my sim, no changes

anyone have an idea?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switching to global network
B33
Legend

That is what I'd suggest as well Get a new Sim Card power off your Device insert the card with caution try not to touch the Gold area of it and then power on your s5 you can also have sim cards sent Directly to your residence from Customer Service just let the Rep know what your currently device is.!  so the correct Sim is sent to you..

Good Luck.   And Customer Services Number is 1-800-922-0204  *611 Via Mobile use ext. 4

there open till 11pm..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try a new SIM card; they're free at Corporate Verizon stores or by calling Customer Service.

B33
Legend

That is what I'd suggest as well Get a new Sim Card power off your Device insert the card with caution try not to touch the Gold area of it and then power on your s5 you can also have sim cards sent Directly to your residence from Customer Service just let the Rep know what your currently device is.!  so the correct Sim is sent to you..

Good Luck.   And Customer Services Number is 1-800-922-0204  *611 Via Mobile use ext. 4

there open till 11pm..

0 Likes