Swithed from an iPhone to a Droid and cannot recieve texts from iPhones
alytap

My iPhone recently stopped working and I had to switch to my old Droid. Now I cannot receive iMessages to my Droid. How can I unregister myself as an iPhone user so I can get texts on my Droid. My old iPhone will not turn on so it will have to be done online.

Thanks,

Alyssa

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Swithed from an iPhone to a Droid and cannot recieve texts from iPhones
rcschnoor
Legend

Go to your My Support Profile within Apple and delete your old iPhone from your profile.

I think that should do it.

Unfortunately, you are having this problem because you forgot to turn iMessage off on your iPhone prior to the switch. Apple is still having other iPhones send texts to your number to your number which is still registered within Apple. Since Apple prefers to utilize a proprietary system such as iMessage instead of a system which is open to all other phone platforms, this problem will CONTINUE to happen.

Had you simply turned iMessage off on your iPhone prior to making the switch, you would not have this problem.

Let us know how it turns out.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Search is your friend on this community forum. There are a number of similar questions about this topic already been answered.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Go to your My Support Profile within Apple and delete your old iPhone from your profile.

I think that should do it.

Unfortunately, you are having this problem because you forgot to turn iMessage off on your iPhone prior to the switch. Apple is still having other iPhones send texts to your number to your number which is still registered within Apple. Since Apple prefers to utilize a proprietary system such as iMessage instead of a system which is open to all other phone platforms, this problem will CONTINUE to happen.

Had you simply turned iMessage off on your iPhone prior to making the switch, you would not have this problem.

Let us know how it turns out.Smiley Happy

0 Likes