Syncing Issues with HTC Rezound
xbamfan

I have an HTC Rezound and it had been working fine up until yesterday. Yesterday, I was logged out of my Facebook account (not by my own will) and subsequently my linked contacts disappeared. When I logged back in, my contacts remained unlinked. I tried relinking through Facebook, General Settings, and manually (going to the individual contact and selecting link). None of these have worked. In fact, when I try to manually link, it says they are already link but none of the info appears. I have tried deleting the Facebook app as well. I have restarted my phone numerous times and have tried everything I can think of. Please help, as having my contacts unlinked is inconvenient, annoying, and one of the reasons I switched from a basic phone to smartphone. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Syncing Issues with HTC Rezound
Not applicable

Hello xbamfan!

Thank you for your post. The Facebook contact syncing is an awesome feature, and I know it's important to have working. You have already done some great troubleshooting on your own! If you haven't done a soft reset yet, (pull the battery out of the phone while it's still on) I would recommend doing this. The next step would be a hard reset on the device. Make sure you back up your phone before performing this. I have provided a link below with the hard reset steps.

Here is the link for backup information:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=53776

Here is the link for the hard reset:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=48345

Let us know if this works!

Katie H

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Did you go to menu>settings>accounts & sync and make sure sync is turned on for Facebook?  Also, make sure background data and auto-sync are both enabled (in the same area).  Sometimes, if your battery gets low and your phone goes into power save mode, these won't turn back on after charging.

0 Likes
mdotsosa

I'm having this issue too and tried all of those except for a factory reset.  Please let me know if the factory reset worked because I really don't want to do that.

0 Likes
Gingergirl455

The trouble I'm having is I did a restart on my Rezound and now it keeps restarting over and over, not sure what to do. This happened on my previous phone the Thunderbolt.  I've done the hard rest as well, removing everything, letting it cool and reinstalling, but to no avail. Help!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Pull the battery, pull out the SIM card, replace the battery (without the SIM), open the dialer, dial *#*#4636#*#*, then change the network mode to CDMA + LTE/EvDO auto.  Shut down the phone, pull the battery, replace the SIM, and restart.

0 Likes