Syncing My Calendar w/Outlook's
Stickey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can I sync the calendar on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Stellar with my Windows 7 Outlook 2010 Calendar or do I need to get another type of calendar from the apps store for my Stellar.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Syncing My Calendar w/Outlook's
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's correct ... Outlook doesn't natively sync with Android.  I haven't tried it, but there's a Google plug-in that supposedly lets you sync Outlook to Google, then from Google to your Droid.  Or, as you found out, you can purchase third-party software; there's several threads about this on this forum if you wanna do a search.  My preferred method is third-party software that I purchased.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can sync them through Google or through third-party software; several threads on this forum if you want to do a search

0 Likes
Stickey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not that easy.  It's an android phone.  Too bad for me.  After five days of intensive research I found that Office does not sync to android.  Had to purchase software @ 40 bucks and am still not connected.  Woow is me! - Micley

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's correct ... Outlook doesn't natively sync with Android.  I haven't tried it, but there's a Google plug-in that supposedly lets you sync Outlook to Google, then from Google to your Droid.  Or, as you found out, you can purchase third-party software; there's several threads about this on this forum if you wanna do a search.  My preferred method is third-party software that I purchased.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Google Calendar Sync (you can Google it) works wonderfully, it's free and sync as if you were writing it in Outlook directly. I have been using this for 3 years and have NEVER had an issue with it. Takes about 3 minutes to install and set up and is designed specifically for syncing your Google Calendar (gmail and android phone) with Outlook.

0 Likes
Stickey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Jakeman1.  I’ll try it even though it’s working with CompanionLink ($40).  I’ll try to get a refund from them if successful.  But what about security.  Is the calendar open to everyone, somewhere?

Stickey

<< Personal information removed to comply wth >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

That would all depend on your outlook and Google Calendars. All this does is transfer calendar events from one to the other or both ways so they are both exactly in sync.  The program itself does need access to your Google Account and you put in your user name and password. For the Outlook Portion it syncs to the Outlook Calendar on the computer the program is running on and inherits the user profile (example if you have User 1, User 2 and User 3 on your computer and the program is running on User 2, it will only update User 2 Calendar)

0 Likes
Stickey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jakeman1

Thanks for the info.  I think I will stick with CompanionLink.  A click on a PC icon syncs all and the WiFi method works just fine.

Stickey

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you tried Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook which is free at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gappssync?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=northam--201...

0 Likes
Stickey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, by the time I finally got the sync to work with my $40 purchase the idea of using Google came to me to late. And the whole frustration was that I couldn’t find the IP address for my phone to do Wi-Fi syncing.   Also found that Google does not sync other elements I’m interested it.  But thanks Wildman for your reply.  You guys and gals are great.  Thanks much.

<< Personal information removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes