Syncing WOES
dawktwenty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Alright. My phone is having a huge problem syncing. First I noticed it with Gmail. I can tell how instant I am getting emails because I am sitting here at work on my PC. I can send an email from where ever (in this case my outlook work address), send it...see the email pop up on my screen in the Gmail internet tab. Here is the thing. It takes anywhere from 1-20 mins for the email to finally get to my phone. It is SO random. Sometimes if I pick my phone up and turn the screen on, it pushes through alittle faster. I have tried everything (I think) the last two days. Obviously all my settings are correct. AutoSync, the Sync settings in the gmail itself.

To see if it was just gmail, I put my work email on the phone to see how that works. It's EXACTLY the same. Sporadic syncing. I then tried cloudmagic email app which people rave about. Same thing.

What gives? I've about had it with this phone. I even tried a factory reset this morning. Still have the issue. I'm thinking of taking the phone back honestly. Could this be a hardware thing to do with connection? I've tried all of this with strong wifi on, and with perfect 4G signal. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (1)
Re: Syncing WOES
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Look in your mail settings on your computer and see what the interval is set to. Mine is set to check every 15 minutes and if I send myself a test message right after I get an email on my phone it will take 15 minutes for my test to get to me. If I send it close to the end then it is almost inatantly

B33
Legend

Good suggestion I've encountered this in test I've done as well  we'll have to try your suggestion check them settings again and do a follow up test.. Thanks Jakeman1  b

0 Likes
dawktwenty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the responses, but like I said. When I send an email from my outlook work email, to my gmail...the gmail comes through in less than 30 seconds to my computer browser which I have open. Just takes forever on the phone. Last night the phone was doing the same thing. Sometimes (i'd say half the time) if I sent an email from my wife's phone to mine..it would take a minute or two. Sometimes up to 10.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Also check your sync settings on your phone. and set to a shorter time frame. Just remember that the more your phone is checking for email the more battery it is going to use as well.

Your computer will show gmail almost asap as the email is pushed to gmail where your phone is not getting the email pushed, it is going and pulling the email so it will only go and check at various times

0 Likes