Text Message Problem
bear142023

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. I have not been receiving all of my text messages. I will get some but not all of them. Anyone know what the problem is or how to fix it ?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Message Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to receive all of your messages, bear142023. First, I have a few questions to better under understand what's going on and the fastest resolution.

When exactly did this start happening? Do you notice certain pattern? For example, are you not getting from certain contacts, while in certain locations, or times of day. Also, are you using default Messaging app or third party app? Please elaborate so we can better assist.

VanessaSsaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
bear142023

It has been going on for a couple of weeks It didn't happen all the time.

For example. A contact would send me a text that morning and then later

that day they would send me a text but I would never receive it. It did not

happen with every contact. There was one specific contact it happen with a

lot. As far as I know I am using the default messenger app.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 9:41 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's certainly unusual and I can see why that may concern you a bit.  Would you be able tell me if you are using wifi or cellular data?  Do you have any trouble sending texts?
MatthewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bear142023

Wifi, No problem sending text back.

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 10:03 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's try something new! Please turn WiFi off, and test again to see if your messages begin coming through. Keep us posted!

MichelleH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bear142023

If I turn off Wifi and continue to use my phone then I will use my data and

that is not something I want to do.

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 7:42 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to get your messages moving again . Are you using the Message+ app or the standard messaging app that came on your phone? Have you tested the messaging with wifi turned off to see if they go through?
BryanS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes