Text Transfers to New Phone?
mkconnell65

I am getting ready to upgrade my phone from and S3 to an S5....this might be a dumb question but I have never upgraded before: will/can the texts on my S3 be transferred to my new phone? I know I will need to go in to the Verizon store to have my Contacts transferred but not sure about the texts. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text Transfers to New Phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your contacts are saved to your google account, then all you need to transfer the contacts is to sign into the same account on the new phone.

Use this app SMS Backup & Restore - Android Apps on Google Play or any of the dozens of sms and mms backup app in the Play Store.  Samsung might also have an option to transfer your stuff from the old phone to the new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Text Transfers to New Phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that you keep all of your personal information during the switch to the new device, Mkconnell65. Congratulations on the upgrade by the way! Ann154 offered some great insight and we also have the Verizon Wireless Cloud that can help with the switch. You can learn more about the Cloud by clicking here: http://spr.ly/6589BIqyx

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes