Text problem with Galaxy s5
manning2379

My Galaxy s5 is randomly deleting sent and received texts.  I will receive notification of received texts, open it and before I finish reading, it is gone.  I will send a text and it will say sent and then be gone.  I have my settings to store 100 messages per conversation and delete oldest when limit is reached.  this has happened even in coversations with less than the set amount.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Text problem with Galaxy s5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have your text messages sent and received properly via your mobile device manning2379. I'm sorry for your issues. Are you using a 3rd party messaging app? If so, please temporarily disable this app and use the stock app to see if that could be the issue. Also delete some of the old and long threads you no longer need. clearing memory can always help with phone issues, along with clearing the browser history. Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
manning2379

I am using the messaging system that came on the phone. I deleted all texts twice and still am having issues of this occuring. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

manning2379

Thank you for those details! When did this begin happening for you? Were there any new applications downloaded or updates done? Please try placing your phone into Safe Mode. This will allow the phone to function like there are no third-party apps installed on the device.

Here's how: http://vz.to/1eW2nsP

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes