The battery life on my S5 sucks!!!
jitterbugger
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't use my phone near as often as other people and yet from 8am - 10am I go down to 82% battery charge?? Come on!!!  I don't have a lot of apps on my phone and I always close the programs from task manager. I am very frustrated with this phone!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The battery life on my S5 sucks!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I want to ease the frustration jitterbugger! I know how important it is to have a long lasting battery! Please visit this link http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97525/ for tips to extend your phone's battery life.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This was the first major phone afflicted with the 5.0 update.  Been watching this issue for months since the update was released for the S5 and many many threads on the issues.  Some report that a factory data reset has helped, but nothing will really solve all issues until a 5.1 update is released.  There is no definitive release date for 5.1.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I want to ease the frustration jitterbugger! I know how important it is to have a long lasting battery! Please visit this link http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97525/ for tips to extend your phone's battery life.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
HeyHank
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there any help for us battery drain sufferers? I had excellent battery life with my S5 until I did the Lollipop update. Now its horrible, always have to recharge before the end of the day. Some days don't make it till I get off work at 5. We need a fix ASAP. All Samsung wanted to do make me send the phone to them. Not gonna happen! This had been going on for months! Forget the stupid, "Disable apps, do this, do that". Get your heads together with Google and Samsung, and get the junk off our phones that's draining our batteries!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HeyHank, Let's end the suffering once and for all. I know it's important to ensure your phone battery is at its best. Have you been able to review the great tips provided earlier in the thread?  Before processing a Factory REset, please be sure to check out the Software Repair Assistant: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-s5-update/  It's designed to address device issues affected by software on the device. It will automatically attempt to back up your data, install the most recent version of manufacturer-approved software and restore your data on the device. Additional benefits, instructions and specifications are outlined in the link. Please be sure to keep us posted on this.

TanishaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

The only thing you can do for now is try to keep things from draining your battery. Make sure location/wi-fi/bluetooth etc are all turned off when not in use. Close all background apps when finished; button left of the home key. Check out Settings>Battery to see what app uses what % and use Settings>Power Saving to help reduce battery drain. Use a standard still wallpaper and not the in motion wallpaper. Dim your screen all the way down when possible or use Auto.

0 Likes