Too much data usage
Hamedoug

My wife's note 5 isn't staying connected to wifi, it's not the wifi because all other devices stay connected. Because of this high data usage. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Too much data usage
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

Try these instructions:

Apps>Settings>Wi-Fi

Tap the Menu Icon (upper right of screen)

Select Advanced

Do you see something that says 'Smart Network Switch'?

If so, then you would want it to be disabled. That way, if you're on Wi-Fi then it won't switch back to data automatically if the Wi-Fi signal is weak or unstable.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

Have you tried to reboot the phone?

0 Likes
Hamedoug

Yes, multiple times

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
radgatt
Contributor - Level 2

Try these instructions:

Apps>Settings>Wi-Fi

Tap the Menu Icon (upper right of screen)

Select Advanced

Do you see something that says 'Smart Network Switch'?

If so, then you would want it to be disabled. That way, if you're on Wi-Fi then it won't switch back to data automatically if the Wi-Fi signal is weak or unstable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hamedoug,

We definitley understand the importance of your wifi being able to stay connected to wifi. Perserviing your data is extremely important. To clairfy, when did this issue with the devie not staying connected to wifi begin? Does this happen on all wifi connections or just your home wifi connection?

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes