Total Support and Protection for Android
greg_23805
Enthusiast - Level 2

I pay for support and protection. Tried downloading the virus app but it errors saying the app is not compatible with my phone.

I have searched and cannot find a Verizon supported virus app that works on my phone.

So all the info says, go to the Google play store and download it. Has this app actually been discontinued by Verizon or what can I do?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Total Support and Protection for Android
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

If you have the Total Protection Plan the anti-virus app is still included in the full package. If you are not running an anti-virus program you can go to the Play Store and download one for free. Two that work very well and are free are AVG Mobile and AVAST Security. You do not need a Verizon app as any quality Android app should download and work for an android phone.

0 Likes
greg_23805
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there any other software that comes with the package? Like I said, the software I download, Verizon Support and Protection, will not load on my HTC Incredible. If there is no other sw included that would phone home if the phone is stolen or log something when it is turned on again, I will just download another virus sw.

Thanks

0 Likes
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

You have to have a certain software version if you are going to get that app.  The incredible might be a little too aged to get the app

deb2too
Contributor - Level 3

I also have the Verizon total support and protection plan. It includes McAfee,  Asurion, tech coach, security battery monitor, device tuneup, recover device and privacy alerts. These features were already set up once I  included the package in my plan. If you don't have all these features and you're paying for it I would contact Verizon

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I would not pay for an incomplete protection package, McAfee is a good anti-virus and Verizon can get you a  version to cover that HTC Incredible. Get into a Verizon Corp store and let then handle this, after all you are paying for this full package.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Total Protect is completely useless by the way. I would stop paying for it and try to get your money back.  Download some apps that actually work from the Play Store for FREE. I have used a few different ones over time and really like the following ones in order that I have typed them. Lookout Mobile Security, Avast, AVG.  Both Avast and AVG are good but take a little too much in the resource department and AVG does Not block everything. Avast threw a few false positives, but I would rather have a false positive then miss it all together. Lookout has never failed me and always alerts me if it finds an issue, runs in the background, is fast and reliable.

0 Likes