Touchless voice controls not working
HollyNichols
Contributor - Level 1

I have had the Moto X approximately a year or so.  I am finally trying to utilize the touchless control (red mic icon).  I want to be able to text using my voice.  When I say "OK Google now" it comes up "Hello" and says "say help me for a list of commands."  When I say "Help me" or "Send text to _____________"  it goes back to the home screen and does nothing.  Do I need to visit a Verizon store to correct this?  There isn't one in my town so I'm hoping I can do something to fix this.  Thanks!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Touchless voice controls not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is strange. We can handle strange though. Do you have Google application downloaded? Moto Voice is dependant on Google. Please give it try and let us know.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response or click Like. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you Touchless Voice controls to work, Holly Nichols. We should be able to get this to work for you without visiting a store. Please make sure all your applications are updated in the Play Store. Also, are you in a quiet environment when trying these commands?

AllisonC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HollyNichols
Contributor - Level 1

I get the following message every time I try it:  Moto Voice is not compatible with the current LingXi version.  Please uninstall updates.  I have cleared data, cleared cache and uninstalled updates. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is strange. We can handle strange though. Do you have Google application downloaded? Moto Voice is dependant on Google. Please give it try and let us know.

AllisonC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response or click Like. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

HollyNichols
Contributor - Level 1

Do you mean Google+?

0 Likes
HollyNichols
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you, thank you!  I installed "Google" (didn't know it was required) and it is now working!  I REALLY appreciate your help. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HollyNichols, you're very welcome! I'm so happy to hear that everything is working as it should. Please know we're here to assist with any questions or concerns that you may have. I hope that you enjoy the rest of this wonderful weekend.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!