Touchwiz wont work on my S4 after lollipop update
KLGreen

Im really trying not to be pissed about this, but this update is crap. I would assume since you waited so long to roll it out to us, that you wouldve worked out the kinks... but clearly you didnt.

I have a lot of beef with this juvenile upgrade to the display (which is Samsung's crappy choices, not yours)... but my biggest issue at the moment is the fact that my touchwiz wont work AT ALL. A few of my widgets changed or disappeared from my homescreen and I cant fix anything because anytime I try to move an app or widget I get a message that says "Unfortunately, TouchWiz home has stopped." It momentarily freezes my phone then kicks me to my home screen.

I tried restarting my phone. I tried turning it off completely then starting it back up. I tried removing the battery and restarting... And still, my touchwiz wont work. If you tell me I have to factory reset my freaking phone, I may lose it. I refuse to rework my entire phone from the start just because you guys cant get your crap together on an update.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Touchwiz wont work on my S4 after lollipop update
CanoingBear
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree you have to wonder how they missed this. There is a workaround. Go into your Settings; My Device; Motions and Gestures and turn off the Motions.  It should work without having to reboot.

trg972
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. That worked!

AZSALUKI
Legend

don't lose it, but i'm going to suggest a factory reset anyway. if you don't need or want the gestures, so be it. however, it's always a good idea to reset the phone after a major update. it may be just fine going forward, but you may find a number of other little issues. with all of the backup and sync options these days, it's really not to bad to reset the phone.

Pattikaces
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you  CanoingBear it worked !!!

0 Likes
SKEB1959
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.  That fixed my issue.  Of course, now I can't use the motion features.  Which is why I purchased the S4 in the first place.

0 Likes
jjpetzold
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here. Thank you for the work around CanoingBear. Where is the Verizon support though, seems like the worst update they have pushed out.

0 Likes
jrmnlm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the workaround!!!!!  Awesome!

0 Likes
apkandm

Concur this is a pain, but you can toggle motions back once you make your touchwiz fixes...

0 Likes
CyclesInc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue what a crappy update

0 Likes