Trouble with text messages
kenziesmommy

I just bought a samsung galaxy 5. I have only had it for a little over a week, but I am having 2 problems. \

1.) I am getting no indication that I am getting a text message. Nothing comes up on the lock screen, and there is no number on the icon when I have a message, but when I go into messages they are there.

2.) I am unable to recieve text messages from my sister. She has an iphone, but this is not helping with any one else. I went on her phone and changed my contact to a normal message and not an imessage, but it is still not coming through.

Any help would be great.

Thank you,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trouble with text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kenziesmommy,

So sorry to see you are having trouble with text messaging. Go to your settings> Sound> Messages. On the top make sure notifications is on and select a notification sound. Go to the Messages app. Touch the menu button in the upper right (3 squares) and select settings. Touch notifications and ensure it is on up top. There is an option here if you would like a pop-up to display on your screen.

Let's also get you back to messaging with your sister. Did you previously own an iPhone? You had written that you changed your contact on her phone. Did you go to Settings> Messages and enable "send as SMS?" Try deleting your contact from her phone altogether and also delete her as a contact in your phone. Retest and let us know if that restores your ability to receive texts.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Trouble with text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kenziesmommy,

So sorry to see you are having trouble with text messaging. Go to your settings> Sound> Messages. On the top make sure notifications is on and select a notification sound. Go to the Messages app. Touch the menu button in the upper right (3 squares) and select settings. Touch notifications and ensure it is on up top. There is an option here if you would like a pop-up to display on your screen.

Let's also get you back to messaging with your sister. Did you previously own an iPhone? You had written that you changed your contact on her phone. Did you go to Settings> Messages and enable "send as SMS?" Try deleting your contact from her phone altogether and also delete her as a contact in your phone. Retest and let us know if that restores your ability to receive texts.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes