Two problems with my Galaxy S6 edge. One is incoming texts are also coming in as email's on my default email account. The other is my POP3 mail account, emails were disappearing on the phone and on the providers web email page?
diodeman

Two problems with my Galaxy S6 edge. One is incoming texts are also coming in as email's on my default email account. The other is my POP3 mail account, emails were disappearing on the phone and on the providers web email page?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Two problems with my Galaxy S6 edge. One is incoming texts are also coming in as email's on my default email account. The other is my POP3 mail account, emails were disappearing on the phone and on the providers web email page?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Diodeman, it is a concern at to why your texts are coming in as an email and for your email to disappear. Lets look at both issues to see what’s going on. Is this issue with the incoming texts being sent from other mobile device users? Are you using a email application to access email on your device? Share more details so we can look into these concerns.

EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Two problems with my Galaxy S6 edge. One is incoming texts are also coming in as email's on my default email account. The other is my POP3 mail account, emails were disappearing on the phone and on the providers web email page?
bearone21
Legend

are you sure it's not imap email, if deleted one place deletes on every device.

sending to an email address & texting to the phone number are different tasks.

i don't see how a text message comes in as an email unless it's coming from an i-phone & the individual isn't sure whether sending a message or email.

0 Likes
diodeman

I had two mobile users send me texts, right after I received them, they also appeared on my default email account which is my jobs exchange server.

I went through all the settings and no where do I see this as an option to activate.

0 Likes
diodeman

The secondary email account using the droid application is a POP3 account. So once it downloads anywhere, what you do to it will not be reflected on other platforms you may be using. What would happen is after a hour or less, they would just vanish and not be found in the trash bin. I went to the ISP's webmail application on my desktop and found them missing. This could have been an issue with their server that they are not admitting to me.

0 Likes
diodeman

All,

Found the solution to the why am I receiving incoming text's also as emails on my exchange email account. I found the answer in antoher thread. I checked. On for "Sync Messages" that was the culprit.

In regards to the POP 3 mail account with vanishing emails, that is probably the ISP's issue and it is not happening any longer.

Thank you all.

0 Likes