UlaFone Armor 5
SDURGO1961
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Samsung S7 is exhibiting some signs of heavy useage. My friend bought an Armor 2 which worked

perfectly. So.... I ordered a Armor 5. The sim card would not access the Verizon Network after I installed it on the

new UlaFone. I'm guessing Verizon is not supporting this model, yet. Verizon tech support had no information for me.

The Armor 2 was supported last July. Can anyone tell me "when" the 5 might get supported? If a projected date

is just a few months, I'll keep the phone and wait. If not, I'll off load the unit. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

-Steve

Springwater, NY

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: UlaFone Armor 5
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was your friend using it on Verizon Wireless?

If it was supported last July 2017, the phone might have used the CDMA radios for voice and text messages. As of July 2018, VZW is requiring all phone activations are with a phone capable of VoLTE calls. If the phone model in question wasn't capable of VoLTE, then it can no longer be activated. Phones activated prior to July 2018 and still active on the network can remain so until the CDMA network is shutdown or Verizon Wireless start requiring users transition to a newer phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

SDURGO1961
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SDURGO1961, we understand the importance of wanting to use the mobile device of your preference on our network. Ann154 provided some great details. Any phone you are interested in, please confirm that it is capable of making VOLTE calls.

Also, here is a link where you can check any Device ID to see if it's compatible with our network: https://www.verizonwireless.com/prospect/bring-your-own-device/#/

Gina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes