Re: Unable to access Play Store while on VZW data
Morlikster
Enthusiast - Level 3

I"m pretty sure it has something to do with the service.  I've tried the phone in Hotspot mode and used a Nexus 7 tablet connected to the phones Hotspot and also cannot get to Play store or Pokémon GO,  also Google login.

0 Likes
Dogfruit6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can get into both services just fine on my own wifi. When I connect to the 4g network however, it throws up on itself. Definitely not the best first impression of my brand new phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Morlikster,

We always want all of your services to work awesome! The Play Store is something I know I count on and I'm sure you do too. What phone do you have? What is your zip code?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KITSUNE_TERRY

Dogfruit6, you might be onto something with the speed issue. I went through every step of connection troubleshooting with CS and tech support, finally was directed to get a new phone. Did not fix the issue.

0 Likes
Morlikster
Enthusiast - Level 3

Galaxy S7 Edge.  The problems started about Friday night/ Saturday morning.  I've tried clearing caches, checking data restrictions,  everything.  It isn't device specific though.  If it were my tablet wouldn't be having problems while it was connected to my phones hotspot.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

I live 2 towns over from RH, and I'm still able to access Google Play consistently over 4G/LTE with my Samsung Galaxy S4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details Morlikster, we'll get this figured out. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily. 

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KITSUNE_TERRY

The only phone affected seems to be s7/s7 edge. Software issue? I have the latest update.

0 Likes
Morlikster
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure at this point but it was working fine up until a day or so ago and I don't remember seeing any software updates within the past 2 days.

0 Likes
Dogfruit6
Enthusiast - Level 2

How about me? I'm having the same problem.

0 Likes