Re: Unable to access Play Store while on VZW data
KITSUNE_TERRY

It seems my phone is working again. There seems to have been a lapse in upload speed. Everything is working and pretty darn fast too. It stills bugs me that this appeared out of nowhere and disappeared just as unexpectedly.

0 Likes
Dogfruit6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm back up and running too. Extremely fast upload speeds, like 9-10 mb/s.

I took out the SIM card and replaced it, and thanks to Terrance in support, that seems to have done the trick as far as resetting my device's connection to the network.

I will update if it starts acting up again, but for now, I would say popping the SIM card out, removing it from the tray, and resetting it back in the tray before putting the tray back in your Galaxy might be the way to go.

KITSUNE_TERRY

Popped the SIM card out several times yesterday, didn't do a thing.

0 Likes
KITSUNE_TERRY

Whatever it was, it's at least temporarily gone.

0 Likes
Morlikster
Enthusiast - Level 3

Removing the Sim helped.  I'm now able to use Google Play as well as apps using Google authentication.  I won't say things are back to normal though.  Upload speeds with speedtest.net are almost as bad.   0.13 mbps uploads now.  Things are super slow but at least I can use the Play store and play some Poke.on go now.  Let's see for how long this lasts.   Someone over athe VZW should look into the upload speed thing.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RHSeeger, I also have the Galaxy S7 Edge and I know I would be frustrated dealing with this as well. Lets dig deeper. You shouldn't have a problem with using data for the Play Store. When did this start fr you. Are you having trouble with anything else?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RHSeeger

@vzw_customer_support

Removing the Sim helped.  I'm now able to use Google Play as well as apps using Google authentication.  I won't say things are back to normal though.  Upload speeds with speedtest.net are almost as bad.   0.13 mbps uploads now.  Things are super slow but at least I can use the Play store and play some Poke.on go now.  Let's see for how long this lasts.   Someone over athe VZW should look into the upload speed thing.

This is where I stand. I reseated my sim and I am able to connect now. While I think someone should be looking into the connection speeds, at least I can play games now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very strange, Morlikster. I understand that this issue is only with the Play Store, and being that this is not a Verizon Wireless application our troubleshooting options are very limited. Let’s get some additional information and see if we can find a way to resolve. When was the last time you were able to access the Play Store while connected to the Verizon Network? What is your phone model?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOHMIL40

I have had this problem for about 3 months now I have a Note 3 zip 23702

0 Likes