Unable to switch between 3g and 4g on my Lucid
SpR

After an update a week or so ago, my LG Lucid has completely lost the functionality of switching between 3g and 4g. As 4g is a battery hog I kept it mostly on 3g (but not always) and since the update , I am stuck on 3g. Took it to the Verizon store for a techie to look at it and he was stumped. I used to access thru "settings" - "about phone" - "network" - "network type and strength" , which brought me to some toggles where I could choose the network best suited to what I was doing. Now this screen is gone completely and only shows signal strength. The techie suggested a factory data reset, which would not only erase all my items from my phone, but if it did provide 4g service, I would now be stuck all the time on that. I told the tech guy I would wait for a fix to this. My question is, are there others out there with this problem or is there a fix for it. I contacted LG and they said they have had no updates to the phone. Is Verizon denying the problem or even working on it ?????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to switch between 3g and 4g on my Lucid
simon_meth

I have a related issue with my LG Lucid. It tends to get stuck in 3g in areas that I know are 4g. A phone restart usually takes care of it but it sure is a pain to do that. If that fails then a battery remove/replace fixes it. Neither are good options but worth considering while we wait for an update.

There are several 3g/4g switch free apps available too but none that say they support Lucid. I found that 3G/4G On/Off (Toggle 3G) by JuYeo! Oh works well to turn on 3g when the Lucid doesn't do it but I haven't found a way to turn on 4g.

0 Likes