Re: Unfortunately Package Access Helper has Stopped
QuantumBiker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also just got "Unfortunately, the package access manager has stopped" trying to do the clear cache.

Note, Manager not helper. Also getting helper stopped.

0 Likes
Creighton_Rabs

Everything appears to have stopped on my Moto G. I've rebooted repeatedly and reset my phone and still nothing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Creighton.Rabs,

We are here to help you! What exactly has stopped working on your Moto G? When did this happen?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
bsquared757
Enthusiast - Level 2

HAHA you guys are so silly. its like you don't read the whole thread. there are TONS of people having this issue. Ive done the Cache refresh fix and ive done the factory reset. the error pops up randomly. its so great to pay 101$ a month and have a phone that doesn't work. The problem is not with third party software as you guys keep saying in the thread the problem is with lollipop upgrade that you guys put out. Whats the point of paying for a smart phone when you can only use it to text and make phone calls might as well have a flip phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I appreciate all the troubleshooting you have done so far bsquared757! I have sent you a private message so we can further assist.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
magus824

I also am getting this exact same error and problem - even with my SD card removed, all apps (whether from the Google Play Store, or from the Amazon App Store) get stuck on "installing". Has anyone had any luck with a fix?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that I help you as much as I can magus824! What is the make/model of your device? What troubleshooting have you done so far? I do know sometimes applications are not able to be moved to the SD card. This is a normal function of the device. I do know updates are suppose to improve your phone and sometimes they can change things as well. You should still be able to download apps to your phone. Are you able to download any other apps?

AmberF_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AJHenderson16
Enthusiast - Level 1

As an additional follow up.  It appears that if you have enough access to your device to run pm from the shell, you can tell pm (package manager) to install to internal rather than automatic.  This will allow applications to install from third party sources without having to remove the SD card.  I believe this also requires root though unfortunately.

I'm personally using Link2SD with App2SD setting my installations to internal and then Link2SD remapping my installations to an EXT4 partition on my SD card to avoid remapping issues, but again, that's only an option on a rooted device.  Otherwise, it is up to Verizon and Samsung to fix the permission issue as the permission issue involved is a hard coded kernel permission group issue that is impossible to fix without a kernel recompile (and thus also inaccessible to anyone not on a developer edition device until Verizon releases an official signed build.)

0 Likes
ddlangley

I'm also running into this issue. I can't download any apps from the play store. I can download from the amazon store if I unmount the SD card. This is the error is recieved 'Package Access Helper has stopped'

0 Likes
Johninef

I would like to add/clarify that since the Lollipop upgrade I have been unable to move [large] applications from main storage to my SD card.  I receive the same error everyone else has mentioned, the package access helper has stopped.

0 Likes