Re: Unlimited Data
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

From the forum's ToS:

"The Verizon Wireless Community is intended to provide consumers with the opportunity to exchange useful and helpful information."

"Users of the Verizon Wireless Community are responsible for exercising careful and appropriate judgment in evaluating and taking action based on other participants' postings on Verizon Wireless Community, since such postings may reflect significantly different levels of knowledge and experience by participants. Users of the Verizon Wireless Community agree that Verizon Wireless is not responsible for the accuracy of the content of the Verizon Wireless Community and will not be liable for any damages incurred as a result of their use of any such content."

"Authorized Verizon Wireless Employees are distinguished by the Rank of "Employee" and/or an official Verizon Wireless logo as an Avatar."

Not applicable

Rinch wrote:

So please keep that in mind....and I would still fire you for telling Verizon customers to go elsewhere if they don't like the service you provide.

How would you fire me when I don't work for Verizon?

Not applicable

tikibar1 wrote:

From the forum's ToS:

Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

"The Verizon Wireless Community is intended to provide consumers with the opportunity to exchange useful and helpful information."

Ok so is threatening class action lawsuits over losing unlimited data or $30 upgrade fees or blatantly accusing Verizon of engaging in illegal activity either "helpful" or "useful"?

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Rinch wrote:

Us customers, log on to Verizon.com, using our user account and password. We can do all things to update, change our account etc. The menus lead one to believe that since this is a Verizon web site and the Support tab leads most folks to believe that this is sponsored, paid for and maintained by Verizon. Customers are expecting  Verizon support. And yes listen to complaints, expecting someone at Verizon to listen.Otherwise we could use any of several other sites that provide answers to questions.

It is not clear at all to someone going to the Verizon web site, that volunteers customers (FTFY) are answering the questions and complaints instead of real Verizon employees. So please keep that in mind....and I would still fire you for telling Verizon customers to go elsewhere if they don't like the service you provide.

How can it not be clear?  I copied this from Verizon Wireless' website support page:

Verizon Wireless Community

We have an active community of customers who share valuable tips and help each other solve problems.

Rinch
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have an active community of customers who share valuable tips and help each other solve problems.

Whatever your status, telling customers to go to another provider is indefensible for any business. It should never be included in a public answer on a Verizon or any other business web page.

In this particular subject, attempts to defend Verizon's decision on data plans, by "customers" makes it appear as if the defender is Verizon and not another customer. No matter what disclaimers are posted elsewhere, if we go straight to a given subject, it "appears" that Verizon is providing the answers.

If I were king at Verizon it would be part of the so called "Code of Conduct" on these boards. Since I'm not, maybe a Verizon manager/monitor will notice that some of the "customers" that are recommending that we go elsewhere just might result in Verizon losing some of us long time customers. Angry responses to the recommendation that they go elsewhere should make the person telling the customer to go elsewhere reflect on the wisdom of such recommendations. I don't believe losing customers asking for assistance or voicing a concern or even a complaint, is in Verizon's business plan.

Just as this issue is not getting resolved between myself and the other "customers" who made the recommendations to find another provider, the "customer" recommendation should be limited to "contact customer service at Verizon", if Verizon is the only way to resolve the customer concern.

0 Likes
Rinch
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay, here I am at my computer, signed on to Verizon. See a Tab called SUPPORT, click on it.

Takes me to a list of support topics, interested in Android, click on it, lists all topics by subject.

Didn't see any of those comments in any of those menus. So it appears to me as if I am dealing with Verizon and Verizon employees, not other customers. The disclaimers are not apparent to anyone following those steps. From comments seen on this whole support arena, a lot of other customers are expecting a similar result. Dealing with issues beyond technical problems such as how do I set  up my email etc. and getting into contests with customers about why Verizon changed this policy or that should be off limits to all.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Feel free to start your own Verizon Wireless forum where you can create the rules to your liking.  Verizon Wireless has community guidelines that users must follow or the offending posts will be edited.  I think that they have found that the current rules have served them well and there hasn't been a need for more draconian rules that would drive more users from the forum rather than increase the assistance found in the forum.

djmok
Enthusiast - Level 2

@maxcee72 - 1.)  If you switch carriers then you lost your Unlimited Data anyway.  2.)  The other carriers do have what they say is "Unlimited Data" - which is for Carrier A (Names not disclosed not bashing anyone by name)- when you have signal to send and recieve data on allowed networks or Carrier B - who throttles your "Unlimited Data" after 5GB to a speed of slower than dial-up and not as much coverage.

@harmonious - you post got deleted / removed from above so I can't say anything but check the facts, multiple angles and multiple information sites to compile your data.  You might find that Verizon isn't that bad actually compared to a 2 year contraact with any other carrier.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That is True Tiki  here's there Sign >>  Verizon Wireless Customer Support <<

Not applicable

Telling another customer to go to another provider is in many cases a very appropriate response.  Many people come here with complaints about things that no other customer can help them with.  These are things such as Verizon terms and conditions, policies, prices, etc.  If the customer is not happy with Verizon for those reasons, they SHOULD go to another provider or contact Verizon and complain to them.  Complaining on this website is NOT APPROPRIATE.