Just saw the news regarding the new Verizon plans. Knew they were coming, but it did come quicker than I thought, and with a much faster trigger.
My Droid X is starting to get old by today's standards, and I really appreciate Motorola's phones. Have been hearing about the Razor HD being introduced at Verizon "sometime" soon, and was going to make that upgrade. Unfortunately, this phone is not yet announced by Verizon for pre-order, such as the Samsung SIII.
Samsung SIII is perhaps a good phone, but I would be very very very happy if Verizon would permit us to pre-order the Razor HD before the change in data plans.
In any event, I do intend to keep my unlimited plan. If I can't get a Razor HD before the plans change, I may just have to keep my existing phone for another year before upgrading. It would make life easier if Verizon either backed off the change of plans date, or moved up the Razor HD pre-order date.
Just wait a bit. Then if they don't let you pre-order by the 27th of june, upgrade to the S3 and when the Razr HD comes out trade it or sell it and then buy the HD.